The draw for this year's senior tournaments was done, by the committee, on Wednesday 13th May.
Please read the following rules carefully.
1. All matches will be played to the best of three sets. If the score in the first or second set reaches 6-all, then that set will be decided by playing a tie-break. If the third set reaches 6-all, play continues until one player has a 2 game lead.
2. The deadline date for each round is listed on the draw sheet above the details
of that round.
Competitors must arrange their own playing times within these deadlines.
3. The Finals will be played over the weekend of 11/12 th September. All competitors are expected to be able to play on this weekend, should they reach the final of any competition.
4. Each match is depicted thus on the draw listing
If your name appears above the line then it is your responsibility to contact your opponent(s) to arrange a time to play the match. This must be done no later than 10 days before the deadline for that round. If you are to be on holiday within the 10 day period before a deadline, you must contact your opponent(s) in sufficient time to arrange a match before you go on holiday. This applies whether or not your name appears above the line.If you fail to contact your opponent(s) in time, then your opponent(s) will go through to the next round by default.
5. If no mutually agreeable time can be arranged to play the match, then the competitors involved should contact the Secretary (Sheila) or one of the Joint Presidents (Ian, Sandra, Karen or Susan) who will organise a 'coin toss' to determine who goes through to the next round.
6. A form for booking court time to play senior tournament matches will be posted on the wire fence on one of the courts. Courts may be booked after 7pm on weekday evenings and any time at weekends, other than match times and coaching times. Only one court may be booked at a time.
7. Umpires for matches are optional. Any disputes, in a non-umpired match, should be settled by playing a let.
8. Results, including the scores, should be sent in by e-mail to email@example.com or telephoned to the Secretary (Sheila) or Treasurer/WebMaster (Aenea)