Along with our club computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
How do we collect personal information?
Personal information is requested by the online membership and coaching application forms on this website. The data submitted through these forms is not stored by this website nor is it passed to or processed by any of the third party data processors. Instead the data is collated into an email and sent direct to our membership secretary or coaching coordinator for processing offline.
Personal information may also be collected through postal correspondance and by telephone.
What information do we collect?
- Name – yours and those of family members, in case of a Family membership
- Address, telephone number and email address
- Date of birth (if under 18)
- Membership category
- Club championship entry details
- Coaching class details
- British Tennis membership number (we get this from British Tennis if/when you sign up)
How do we use the information?
The data gathered is used only for the business of PortlethenTennis Club. It may be used to:
- Contact you about annual membership renewal and club activities
- Process annual membership fees
- Compile contact details for those participating in Club Championships
- Provide details to the club coaches of those participating in coaching sessions
- Return statistics to British Tennis and the North East Scotland Lawn Tennis Association (NESTLA), as required by our affiliation to these organisations
- Send you tennis-related information and news, received from other organisations such as NESTLA and Aberdeenshire Sports Council
- Disclose information if required to do so by law (to date, this has never happened)
Who will it be shared with?
Your contact details may be shared with other club members where appropriate, e.g. to facilitate joint activities such as club sessions and tournaments.
If you apply to take part in coaching sessions organised through the club, your details will be shared with the club coaches.
We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
We will not share your information with any external organisations other than for the purposes noted above.
Where we store your personal information
The data is stored offline in our membership database, with appropriate security protection.
Your name and email address are also stored online in a Google Contacts account to facilitate bulk emailing of members. This account is password protected with the credentials known only to relevant club office-bearers (normally just the Treasurer and Secretary).
You may exercise your right to have your personal data removed from our records at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of this when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of all websites that collect personally identifiable information.
The data controller of this website is: Portlethen Tennis Club
Last updated 16th March 2018